Brick & Mortar Art Gallery

I walked down to little Italy in a trance. I had an idea in my head, but I wasn't sure if it could work.
I used to have a studio above Presti's Bakery back when Harvey Pekar (my late mentor) was alive. We had so many gigs, and I was painting a lot of work for various art shows. One was in Hollywood, CA! I needed the space to work. When he tragically and suddenly died, I stopped painting on canvas and jobs stopped coming in. I couldn't pay the rent. So I had to let it go. Almost two years after his death, I had accumulated so much art. Illustrations, water color paintings, drawings ect, from workshops I was teaching, that I wondered how I could
start to sell some of it? Plus, I started getting busy again and needed more space to work. So that's when I came up with the idea of turning the studio into a gallery.

So I asked the owner if there was anyone renting up there? She told me I was in luck, they were leaving at the end of the month. So I told her my idea and she was super supportive! She helped me put up the proper lighting and painted and got an electrician. She was so happy I was going to be back up there. Boy, that was so nice. It felt so natural and what a relief! For the past couple of months I've been basically painting on canvas, creating water color paintings/drawings. You probably have seen the "Lake Erie Psychedelic Sunsets" series right? If you haven't, check out this post : http://taraseibel.blogspot.com/2012/07/lake-erie-psychedelic-sunsets-and-why.html For the past couple of weeks I've been taking photographs of surrounding nature. For instance, Shaker Lakes and the Nature Preserve. Wow is it breathtaking! Here's a few paintings of what i've witnessed around our town of Cleveland :




Then I was asked to donate a painting for Autism in Toledo, Ohio. What an honor! I was so happy to create this watercolor and ink native-american inspired painting : 


The gracious owners are Sandra & Kevin Sauder of Archbold, Ohio. Thank you! 

I will be attending the Avant Garde Craft show in Solon, Ohio. Don't forget I used to work for American Greetings, so I still make greeting cards, note cards, journals, photo albums. I will be teaching a workshop every wednesday evening "How to create your own Greeting Card Line" on 
Wednesdays from 6 - 8:30 at the Pepper Pike Learning Center. Call up and join! 216-831-8600! 


And please don't forget about the grand opening of my gallery! you are invited if you appreciate art!
Here's details : Save the Date! Tara Seibel Art Gallery Grand Opening & Exhibit "Back to the Earth" featuring Artists : Toni Waggoner, Nicole Mawby,Cathryn Kapp, Mark Nafziger and yours truly. Friday, Oct 5th : 7:00 pm @ {12107 Mayfield Rd. Suite 202 above Presti's Bakery} : cocktails/pizza/bakery : paintings, drawings, rust belt chic jewelry & accessories, pottery & good vibes.. Hope to see you there!

And one more thing! Here's me and my children up in the window of the gallery during the Feast of The Assumption parade! We were on the cover of the metro section Cleveland Plain Dealer. That's a good sign, Right????? 

Comments

Popular Posts