Beauty & Brains {{an earthy exhibit}}

This post is meant to give an overall feeling of the gallery and exhibit. This gallery, exhibit, work and  interior was put together in three months.  I guess I had a spurt of energetic creativity and went with it.  Thanks to a little help from my artist friends : Scene Magazine article


above : LA native Toni Waggoner's art (Golden Days & Flower Garden) in between my nature paintings depicting Shaker Lakes. A sacred place I used to visit frequently a few years ago. A wonderful place to get lost in the landscape and draw. I'm so happy to be back there at the nature center. Taking in as much as I can before the cold sets in Cleveland. 


An old antique library card catalog stuffed with handmade greeting cards for different occasions


A couple of the psychedelic sunsets sold! Six left upstairs. I have a couple more down in the bakery


Cathryn Kapp and Mark Nafziger take over a corner with gorgeous blue-glazed pottery by Mark and according to Scene Magazine, "Catherine Kapp's pencil drawings of floral figures are detailed enough to mimic black-and-white photographs.Mark Nafziger's decorative ceramics use repetitive sequences of organic forms like butterflies to produce hypnotic effects.
"




My Duke Ellington painting, (was shown at Pennello Gallery for the late Harvey Pekar's historical 70th birthday) sold! This painting was adapted from an illustration I did for an article Harvey Pekar's Top Ten Jazz Innovators


My jewelry and local artist Nicole Mawby's hand-kilned beadwork 


A romantic view of  Cleveland's historical Little Italy district from the balcony. You wouldn't believe the thousands of people jammed in the street during the Feast this year. 


A leaf pattern that was published in a calendar. Recycled and 
made into signed and numbered fine art prints. 


above : a ralph solonitz signed and numbered fine art print
"Ralph Solonitz's wall-mounted cartoons utilize all the care and detail of fine prints to depict community participation in local agriculture." —SCENE


Some good advice, inspiration and a personal touch (nfs). 


One of my prints going downstairs in the bakery.


Artist Ralph Solonitz had a great night selling three original and signed prints! 


A very well travelled women that was in town from LA said to me at the show, "I can't believe how you put this together. I feel like I'm in New York or Paris but I'm in Cleveland!" That made me feel swell, because it really is my little urban treasure. There really is a potent vibe that swirls and surrounds the creativity. Matched with the buzz of the street, you start to feel energized. 
Thank you Mary Ruth! 


above : potter Mark Nafziger


above : three paintings and one life sketch. a small painting of tomatoes on a vine.
A painting of a funky sunset, a life drawing of the late Harvey Pekar and painting ol' man in the grocery store. More Original Harvey Pekar art will be going up including Phone Hustlers, published by Smith Magazine done in traditional japanese brush and ink.

Call me for info on Crafts & Laughs once a month (on the 15th) for experimental card making paired with local restaurant hor devours and wine. Lets see what we come up with! 
A real pow wow. 216.375.0760 or tara@taraseibel.com chow! 







Comments

I look forward to visiting your gallery, Tara. It looks fab!
thanks Ann, I look forward to meeting you! -Tara

Popular Posts